In 2016, HR is on the front line of corporate compliance. It can be a daily battle to onboard new team members while staying compliant with the ever-changing laws, regulations and complicated forms, like the electronic I-9 form.
Did you know that Form I-9 has changed on average, every 17 months over the last 10 years; that first offense I-9 fines are $500 per employee and recently a company received a fine for $600k due largely to the improper signing of I-9 Section 2?
The best approach to HR is a strategic approach. Arm yourself with the best tools and expertise.
How Electronic I-9 works:
- Employee completes and electronically signs I-9
- System reviews form to prevent errors or omissions
- The employer reviews, uploads supporting documents and electronically signs the I-9 in the system
- Interface prompts the employer to review and sign documents
- Users can view and track the status of submission through real-time dashboard
- The system isolates forms with missed deadlines for easy management
- Integration seamlessly submits to E-Verify
- Receipts are created
- The interface allows for easy search, retrieval, and printing
- Electronic I-9 data is secured and stored
- Export data securely for optimal compliance