Did you know that more than 75% of substance abusers are employed? I’m sure you’re thinking, “Yeah right… How could they possibly get jobs?” I know it seems a little far-fetched, but this statistic is really the product of companies who don’t drug screen at all, and those that don’t drug screen as efficiently as they should. As far as the latter goes, sometimes a typical drug screen isn’t what your company really needs. There are several types of alternative drug screening methods that might be valuable to your company.
Although the majority of drug testing is a standard urine drug screen for a 5 or 10 panel of drugs, ESS offers additional panels to meet the most unique needs. For example, ESS can add the following substances to a standard panel:
- Opioids such as Hydrocodone (Lortab), Oxymorphone, Hydromorphone, Oxycodone (oxycontin)
- Medical Professional panels that include fentanyl, tramadol, and suboxone
- Synthetic Marijuana
- Bath Salts
Screening for additional substances can help you zero-in on specific substance abuse issues that are becoming apparent in your area.
Additionally, ESS can help you utilize alternative methods of drug screening instead of, or in addition to, the traditional urine drug screen. We offer the following additional drug screening methods:
- Hair – drug detection up to 30, 60, and 90 days
- Oral Fluid – easy to use and detects drug used in the last hours rather than days, also a good alternative for remote locations with limited collection site coverage
- Instant testing – quick way to screen for drugs with same day reporting and non-negatives are verified at a laboratory in the traditional 2 to 4 days
- Breath Alcohol – Most trusted method for testing for recent alcohol use
No matter what industry you’re in, it’s important to drug screen employees. Drug screening will help ensure a safe and secure workplace as well as prevent poor hiring decisions. Consider evaluating your drug screening process, and reaching out to us at ESS if you need any help!