If you identify information on our consumer report that you believe is incomplete, inaccurate, or outdated, you may report it to ESS and we will conduct a reinvestigation.  We will correct or remove inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, or unverifiable information, usually within 30 days; however, we will continue to report information we have verified as accurate.  Under federal law, adverse information is generally considered outdated if it is older than seven years, although criminal convictions can be reported no matter how old they are.  There are some exceptions to this general rule.

Please be aware: ESS does not make the employment or tenancy decision, and we do not know the reasons why an employer or landlord may be contemplating adverse action.

Initiate a Dispute by Email:

To initiate a dispute with ESS, please send an email to Disputes@es2.com and include the information below to help us handle your dispute.

• At a minimum, provide your full name, your telephone number, your full date of birth, your current residential address, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number. (If you would prefer to give us your SSN over the telephone, please call us as described below.)

Briefly describe the nature of your dispute, identifying the specific information that is at issue. For example, if a criminal conviction is at issue, you should identify the county or state from which we reported the information, the date we made our report, and the charge you are disputing.

Your dispute will usually fall within one of the categories below. It will be helpful if you specify which of these categories you think applies:

  1. The information does not relate to me;
  2. The information relates to me, but it is inaccurate;
  3. The information relates to me, but it is incomplete;
  4. The information relates to me, but it is not up to date; or
  5. The information relates to me, but it is obsolete under federal or state law.

After we receive your email, one of our Dispute Specialists should contact you within 24 business hours. If you do not hear from a Dispute Specialist, we encourage you to call us, as outlined below.

Initiate a Dispute by Phone:

Alternatively, you may call us toll free at 866-859-0143 and ask for one of our Dispute Specialists.  Please be prepared to confirm your identity by providing your full name, date of birth, and Social Security Number over the phone.

Please note: Generally, we handle disputes with the consumer only.  We cannot allow spouses, parents, adult children, guardians, relatives, or friends to manage or participate in the dispute process, unless the consumer himself/herself is also present on the telephone call.